Monday, September 28, 2009

Message from Linda H!

Good afternoon Ladies,

We had a quiet quilters day out today, but it was very productive. Mary Robinson finished up the house quilt she was the quilt mom for and it is stunning. Thanks go to Coralee for her assistance with the quilting on that one.

Dorothy brought the mesh for the G2G bags and she got the mesh for 37 bags cut, the pockets all cut and sewn along the top and actually managed to also sew the pockets on 5 of the bags. Thanks Dorothy!!

Mary brought a lovely assortment of fabrics for the G2G bags and we cut fabric for 13 bags. Mary had some horse fabric Deb, so if you are looking for fabric for your 3rd bag, let me know.

The rest of you missed out on borscht from my mothers recipe and zucchini load and chocolate. We ate very well!!

Just a reminder that due to Thanksgiving, the next "Quilters Day Out" is next Saturday. I will once again bring the bags for those of you who wish to purchase. I did a write up to go with each bag and Dorothy has generously offered to make photocopies.

Kirsty also generously offered to cut the bottoms for the remaining bags. Perhaps you could let me know when they are ready Kirsty as we have pretty much run out of bags with bottoms and I am sure some people would like to pick their bags up.

I started on a new project today, even though I told myself I wouldn't start anything new until I had the kids wedding quilt finished. You know people aren't listening to you when you don't even listen to yourself!! But, I got a quilt top cut out and ready to start assembling today.

For those of you who are interested, we will have the G2G bags at the next meeting and we can start making them. For those of you who have projects you want to work on instead, bring them out and enjoy a day of quilting.

I hope all of you who are in Kitwanga are having a wonderful time and we are looking forward to hearing all about it.

Dues are $30.00 this year and can be paid to Deb Jenks. Thanks to those who already paid and if the rest of us can get our dues in, it will make Debs job easier. She is doing a great job keeping track of all our debits and credits. Thanks Deb.

I hope all of you who were otherwise occupied today enjoyed this beautiful sunny, but rather blustery day. We have had very minimal turnout for the last 2 quilters day out's, so perhaps we should talk about starting up a little later next year,

Due to the Thanksgiving weekend, the next "Quilters Day Out" is next Saturday, October 3rd at 9:30 am. meeting to be at 12:30 pm. If you have agenda items for that meeting, please forward them to me by Friday. Thanks and I hope you all have a great week.

Linda Harris

No comments: