Saturday, January 22, 2011

Curved Peddles Mini Workshop!

Jocelyn certainly did an awesome job of showing everyone how to sew  curved petals! Lots of giggles, exclamations, and heavy sighs as everyone pinned, pinned, pinned, and some yes I am sorry to say...reverse sewed! But all was good and really awesome blocks of creative curved petals were achieved! It will be great fun to see how everyones blocks turned out!

It was great to see Mary R. back sewing...she has just returned from visiting family in Ontario. Welcome back to Corrie also! We missed Linda as she is helping Ron make a recovery from recent shoulder surgery. Kim is in PG with her hubby he also is recovering from surgery...hang in there guys and gals!! Heal fast Fellows!

Everyone else, we missed you also! Hope you will be able to join us at the next QDO!

Here is a photo of Jocelyn with her two beautiful "Curved Petal" wall hangings! (soon to be 3!)
Her Quilting of the Large Wall Hanging was "Exquisite!" We are all waiting to see how she decides to quilt the smaller one!


Deb was putting on the finial border on her own self designed quilt which she is making for her granddaughter!


Looking good Deb!


Dorothy was busy squaring up small 1/2 square triangle blocks that will be incorporated into another community quilt some time in the future.  Lubica, and Coralee dropped in to visit as did several quilters during the day.. some staying awhile.. some on the run to another event..it was great to see all of you! Sorry I can not name  each of you, as I was only a brief drop in myself!

Big Thank you to Deb..who was the QDO hostess today! I made sure I came down for morning coffee break to enjoy one of her yummy cinnamon buns!! and of course to see all the awesome quilting projects and say hello.... Mattea also agreed with me the C.Buns are sooo yummy!

Although I didn't stay for lunch ..the aromatic aromas coming from the soup pot were delectable! 

Hope I will see the soup recipe come to me in my email soon..so I can add it to the Soup Recipes for our little Cook Book!!
I already have the Cinnamon Bun Recipe.

Psssst!...Remember girls?! I need those recipes!!




No comments: