Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jocelyn's "APPLE CREAM COFFEE CAKE"

It has been awhile since my last blog update, mainly due to the fact that I do not have internet at present. This is quite a shock to my system I can tell you! It will be several more days before it is working so with the kindness of my Oldest Son, I have gained access so that I can up date our blog page!

On Jocelyn's Quilters Day out she brought a "Coffee Cake" and all the girls who attended wanted the recipie.  So a little late due to my issues, I am bringing it to you today!  
It truly is "Delicous!"

Apple Cream Coffee Cake
Batter:
Wet Ingredients
Cream together:
1/2c. butter and 1 cup white sugar
Add to this, 2 eggs, 1cup sour cream, and 1 tsp. vanilla

In a seperate bowl .... mix together the dry ingredents:
2 cup flour, 1 tps. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, blend just until mixed.
(the batter will be very thick)

Set asside.

Mix together in a separate bowl .... the Apple Mixture.

1/2 c. sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 c. chopped nuts(walnuts or pecans are nice)
2 cups, peeled,cored, and sliced Mac Apples.

In to a Greased Bundt pan, spread 1/2 of the batter in the bottom of the pan.

Spread 1/2 of Apple mixture over the batter.

Spoon remaining batter on top.

Top this batter with the remaining apples.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 min. 

Remove from oven, Cool in pan for 10 min. Remove from pan and enjoy!
Nice and moist and "YummY"!


No comments: